TOMORROW, Tuesday, May 17th is the 2nd annual Lunch Crunch fundraiser at Clayton’s Café and Bakery (click here to see the flyer)… from 11 am – 2 pm. 10% of their sales this day, plus an additional lump sum, will be donated to support the Lunch Crunch program. Join us in eating something delicious…while contributing to the Lunch Crunch program. It’s a win-win!
Lunch Crunch is entering its 2nd year of providing recreational and social opportunities for children – as a lure – as well as lunch…FREE! There are now 190 students who receive Free and Reduced Lunches at school this year – that’s how big the need is in Yarmouth.
This year’s program is expanding. New items we are adding are:
- FREE breakfast at 8:45am!
- Expanded activities, arts/crafts/games and socializing from 9 am – 12 pm (last year was only 11 am – 12:15 pm)
- One-day per week we will be taking a trip to Yarmouth’s open spaces and parks for outdoor learning, adventure play, and nature exploration
- A “walking school bus” will be initiated from Red Wagon Trailer Park to assist the children who live there in getting to Yarmouth Pointe safely and supervised
- Not as exciting for the children, but exciting to the adult team is the addition and incorporation of fresh(er), better tasting produce, new and in-season options for local fruits/veggies, that are displayed and presented in more appealing and enticing ways (kebabs/skewers, layered yogurt parfaits, etc.)
- SOON TO BE ADDED: Weekend bags of non-perishable foods! There is a group in the community that will be helping to coordinate food donations in order to stuff a mini-pack for these students to take home on Fridays.
If you have any questions about this program, or if you’d like to get involved in volunteering or donating – we’d love to help build our friend base and raise awareness.
Many thanks for your time, interest, and support! We are so proud of the support we get from our entire community.
Yarmouth Community Services
200 Main Street
Yarmouth, ME 04096