Yarmouth Cares About Neighbors (YCAN) has three new programs! Programs are for Yarmouth residents only, and are designed to maintain independence at home and connect with the community.
- The Handy Helper Program offers a volunteer that can assist with light household maintenance duties such as replacing light bulbs, raking leaves, cleaning windows, light painting, organizing, gardening, etc. No jobs requiring licensure (i.e. plumber, electrician).
- The Friendly Visitor Program offers a volunteer who will visit Yarmouth residents at their home regularly to provide companionship and friendship.
- The Phone Pal Program offers a volunteer who will regularly call for a friendly chat.
- A volunteer orientation will be January 16, 2020 (snow date January 17, 2020). Registration Required.
For more information, please contact the Yarmouth Community Resource Specialist at (207) 835-9866 or SMAAResource@yarmouth.me.us
YCAN’s Operation Bundle-Up is in need of gently-used winter outerwear (coats, hats, gloves, boots) for children AND adults. Donated items are cleaned, then made available for distribution to local families in need of winter gear.
Operation Bundle-Up collection boxes can be found at:
– Merrill Memorial Library
– Yarmouth Town Hall
– Yarmouth Community Services
Day of Hope is a student-organized ‘TED style’ event created to promote unity and hope within the Maine Community. It will take place on:
December 7, 2019
11 AM – 1:30 PM
Yarmouth Performing Arts Center
For more information, please visit their web site:
and / or view their flyer
Yarmouth Cares About Neighbors (YCAN) will once again be coordinating Holiday Gifts for Yarmouth, Maine families in need of help with gifts for their children. We request that all applications be returned to us as soon as possible to give our Elves more time to shop, but no later than November 22nd.
The 2019 Project Holiday application is now available by clicking here, or by visiting:
Yarmouth Community Services
200 Main Street (behind Town Hall)
First Parish Church
116 Main Street
Completed applications should be returned to Yarmouth Community Services at the address above.
If you have questions, or would like an application mailed to you, please call Yarmouth Community Services at (207) 846-2406.
BUILDING BRIDGES OF UNDERSTANDING
MENTAL HEALTH WORKSHOP
PLEASE RSVP BY CALLING (207) 846-3773
Lead by Melissa Gattine, MA, LCPC, Mental health educator, and
NAMI board member. This will be an informative workshop to
build bridges for understanding mental health through
awareness, education, and outreach.
Free and open to all.
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
First Parish Church – Yarmouth
116 Main Street, Yarmouth, ME
Free public luncheon for those 55+ years
October 9, 11:30-12:30
at Sacred Heart Church Hall
326 Main St, Yarmouth, ME
Need Transportation? contact Kim Lovett: 553-7042.
Questions: Call the number above or email: firstname.lastname@example.org