The Yarmouth Community Food Pantry had a wonderful volunteer coffee this morning to thank their volunteers and do some brainstorming.
Purchase a $12 Lunch Crunch mug and receive a FREE cup of Maple’s coffee! ALL proceeds from mug sales go to support the LUNCH CRUNCH program.
In its fourth year, LUNCH CRUNCH provide activities and two healthy, square meals to our students during the summer. Help us alleviate summertime food insecurity for Yarmouth children.
For more information, to donate, or to get involved, please contact Yarmouth Community Services’ staff at (207) 846-2406.
Planning Your Future Medical Care
The What and The How
Presentation by Dr. David Giansiracusa
Monday, April 30 th , 2018
Merrill Memorial Library
Give yourself and your loved-ones some precious gifts:
- Plan what medical care you wish if you become seriously ill or
- Choose and inform someone to speak for you should injury or
illness prevent you from speaking for yourself.
– which goals make your life most meaningful to you
– what would be worse than death to you
- Document and share these decisions with your loved ones and
This presentation will cover:
- What is Advance Care Planning?
- Why is it hard to do? Why do people avoid doing it?
- When should Advance Care Planning be done?
- What important decisions should be made, shared in conversations,
and documented in writing?
For additional information and to RSVP, please contact:
- David Giansiracusa, MD email@example.com
- Maureen Brosnan SMAAA Resource Specialist 835-9866
The Yarmouth Community Food Pantry is looking for a Coordinator to help ensure that our community’s many food needs are met – please see the notice below:
Students in the Yarmouth schools with unstable access to weekend food during the school year can ask their Social Worker or Guidance Counselor about the Nutrition Closet program, which provides them with food to take home to help get them through the weekend.
Yarmouth High School students are organizing the Fun Run described in the flyer above to help fund this program. YCAN is grateful to those organizing this for helping to support this needed community program.