Do you, a friend, or a relative need a planter that is
tall enough to use standing or sitting?
If so, we invite you to
reserve one now, then join us
at 3:30pm on May 31st, 2018
at Yarmouth High School
when we assemble
twelve lovely cedar boxes
that are tall enough to stand or sit at
and will easily fit on your back deck or in your back yard.
Thanks to the contributions of
Hancock Lumber (discount on materials), Estabrooks (in kind), Garbage to Garden (compost), Yarmouth Lions (construction help), and YCAN (funding),
the cost for each box will only be $25.
You are invited to come assist with the assembly of your box,
or have one of our helpers assemble it for you.
Reserve a planter for yourself or a friend now
by contacting Leigh Kirchner:
(207) 712-7244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
She will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Many thanks to Dave Schumacher who designed and is leading this project.
Planning Your Future Medical Care
The What and The How
Presentation by Dr. David Giansiracusa
Monday, April 30 th , 2018
Merrill Memorial Library
Give yourself and your loved-ones some precious gifts:
- Plan what medical care you wish if you become seriously ill or
- Choose and inform someone to speak for you should injury or
illness prevent you from speaking for yourself.
– which goals make your life most meaningful to you
– what would be worse than death to you
- Document and share these decisions with your loved ones and
This presentation will cover:
- What is Advance Care Planning?
- Why is it hard to do? Why do people avoid doing it?
- When should Advance Care Planning be done?
- What important decisions should be made, shared in conversations,
and documented in writing?
For additional information and to RSVP, please contact:
- David Giansiracusa, MD email@example.com
- Yarmouth Community Resource Specialist 835-9866
Yarmoouth Aging In Place will present a free economic security workshop titled “Make A Plan While You Can” on Saturday, March 17, 2018 from 10am to 2pm. Please consult this flyer for additional details!
The Yarmouth Aging in Place program has updated their flyer describing the Senior Tax Assistance Yarmouth (STAY) program. You may “read all about it” by clicking here.
A new list of Social Opportunities for Seniors in Yarmouth has just been published. You may read it by clicking here.
The Together With Alzheimer’s Support Group
is fortunate to have
former caregiver and physical therapist
join us on Wednesday, August 30th
at Sacred Heart Parish Center
from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Trish will demonstrate safe and effective techniques for positioning your loved one (i.e., moving that person from place to place).
Having worked with persons with dementia for thirty years, Trish is a wealth of information about dementia care. Even if your loved one doesn’t require special techniques to help position him or her, please plan to attend; I’m sure you’ll get something important out of this presentation.