Your donation to YCAN helps us meet the needs of the Yarmouth, Maine community by providing financial support to the following programs. Programs with immediate needs are in bold at the top of this list:
- Yarmouth Community Coronavirus Task Force
- Yarmouth Community Food Pantry
- Yarmouth Community Services Lunch Crunch
- Yarmouth Schools Nutrition Closet
- Yarmouth Rides Program
- Yarmouth Aging in Place initiative
- Yarmouth Heating Assistance Fund
- Yarmouth Operation Bundle-Up
- Yarmouth Project Holiday
You may make unrestricted donations to Yarmouth Cares About Neighbors (YCAN), or specify that your donation should be devoted exclusively to one of the programs listed above.
Yarmouth CAN is a 501(c)(3) private, non-profit organization, so your contribution may be deductible on your federal and/or state taxes. Consult your tax advisor.Financial Donations
However you may choose to donate, thank you for your financial support of our efforts to meet the needs of folks in Yarmouth, Maine.
by Credit Card, Debit Card, or PayPal
We receive these donations the next day. Please use the following button:
While sending us a check is slower, it allows all of your donation to go to its intended purpose by avoiding 2.2% credit card fees.
Please make checks payable to Yarmouth CAN, and mail to:
Yarmouth CAN, P.O. Box 553, Yarmouth, ME 04096
Please include your address, phone number, and email address, along with instructions letting us know:
- May we identify you as a donor to Yarmouth Cares About Neighbors (YCAN), or do you wish to remain anonymous?
- What do you wish your gift to be used for? If no specific use is specified, we will use it wherever it is most needed. If you would like your contribution to go specifically to one of the bulleted programs in the list above, please note this on the memo line of your check, or in a note that you include in the envelope.
How your Donation affects your neighbors
“As a person whose income is just Social Security, I find that everything seems really expensive! The Yarmouth Food Pantry has been such a help! You never know what’s going to be there, but it is always fun to build my weekly menu around it. The Food Pantry is really a blessing – keep up the great work!!”
Heating Assistance Fund
One recipient of Fuel Assistance was a single mother with a child, who decided to return to school at age 54 after a job change. She told us:
– “I will be forever grateful for the fuel assistance I received when funds were low.”
– “As a mom, what is most important to me is maintaining a home for my child, providing a warm bed to sleep in, and proper nutrition to keep my child healthy.”
– “As I find myself turning up the thermostat for the first time this season, I can only hope that this year my home will be warm again.”
– “Knowing that our local community is there to help when times get tough is a great comfort to me and my family.”
A mother of two grown children who was living alone in an apartment, and had been out of work for six years with back problems. She generally relied on family members for assistance, but the Fuel Assistance was greatly appreciated last year. In order to conserve her fuel for when it was most needed, she heated water for dish-washing on the stove and took showers sparingly. She could not have gotten through the winter without help from the Fuel Assistance Fund.