317 Main Street will host a FREE lecture and demonstration on the value of music therapy for people with cognitive challenges. It should be of particular interest to caregivers – both spouses and professionals who want to incorporate music into their care.
Please click here to see the flyer for this event, which will take place at 317 Main Street, in Yarmouth, Maine on January 25th from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm.
On Tuesday, February 5 the Yarmouth Village Improvement Society (VIS) is offering a free program with Trendy Stanchfield from Midcoast Humane at their next regular meeting. One of her topics will be aging in place with your pets.
The event will begin with half an hour for socializing at 10:30 am, followed by the program at 11:00 am in the Community Room of the Yarmouth Town Hall.
Contact Laurie Broberg for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to view a poster with information on the Aging With Grace fall symposium offerings, which will take place on November 14 through 17 at the Sacred Heart Church, 326 Main St, Yarmouth, ME.
Planning Your Future Medical Care
The What and The How
Presentation by Dr. David Giansiracusa
Monday, April 30 th , 2018
Merrill Memorial Library
Give yourself and your loved-ones some precious gifts:
- Plan what medical care you wish if you become seriously ill or
- Choose and inform someone to speak for you should injury or
illness prevent you from speaking for yourself.
– which goals make your life most meaningful to you
– what would be worse than death to you
- Document and share these decisions with your loved ones and
This presentation will cover:
- What is Advance Care Planning?
- Why is it hard to do? Why do people avoid doing it?
- When should Advance Care Planning be done?
- What important decisions should be made, shared in conversations,
and documented in writing?
For additional information and to RSVP, please contact:
- David Giansiracusa, MD email@example.com
- Maureen Brosnan SMAAA Resource Specialist 835-9866