Yarmouth Cares About Neighbors (YCAN) will be the featured non-profit at this week’s
Mill Street Market
from 3 – 6 pm
Thursday, September 17
We will have a children’s art activity to entertain the kids while adults stop to chat. Stop by to learn more about YCAN, discuss our current and upcoming projects, do some art, and check out the vendors.
The Market is hosted on the Mill Street side of the 317 Main Street Community Music Center. We hope to see you there!
Click on this link to see the flyer for six upcoming seminars at Merrill Memorial Library, with the first on September 23rd and the last on October 28th. Three will be held during the afternoon, and three during the evening.
– Care Planning for Future Years
– Reverse Mortgages, Durable Medical Equipment
– Fraud Protection
– Downsizing, Liquidation, Buying/Selling/Moving
– Legal, Financial, Computer/Accounting, Medicare 101
– Aging In Place Home Modifications, Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s Education, Hearing Assistance.
Light refreshments will be served at each event.
The Rides Program has recently expanded to include transportation to medical appointments. It offers free rides to those who cannot drive, either temporarily or permanently:
- on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9 am to 12 pm
- by volunteer drivers
- to local shopping areas, banks, the YMCA, etc.
- to shop for groceries, get your hair done, etc.
- for medical appointments
For more information, please contact Jean Rafford by phone at 207-846-3887 or e-mail her: jeanrafford “at” gmail.com. Please leave your name, telephone number, and the day you might like a ride. You will be contacted to work out the specific details of pickup and dropoff.
Volunteer drivers cannot provide mobility assistance. If you know someone who can provide you with this assistance, they are welcome to join you for the trip.
Otto’s in Yarmouth will be donating 8% of proceeds gathered between 5p – 9p tonight to three local organizations, so tonight is a great night to plan on take out pizza for dinner!!
The funds received by YCAN will be used to help bridge the gap for any shortfall in this summer’s Lunch Crunch program (free summer lunches for kids).
Help is needed with the harvest at the Yarmouth Community Garden every Tuesday and Saturday from 8am to 10am. No experience is necessary! Please see this poster for more information.
On Monday, May 18th Metro (the Greater Portland Transit District) will hold a meeting on the 3rd Floor or Merrill Memorial Library from 5:30pm to 6:30pm to solicit input on the new Yarmouth to Portland bus service. See this link for more detailed information.
This is your chance to provide input for the bus service:
– where should the bus stop, in Yarmouth and in the other towns on the route?
– where should bus shelters be located?
– what time(s) of day should the bus run?
– what are YOUR needs, or the needs of someone you know?