The Transportation Options Pamphlet (published by Yarmouth Aging In Place) lists all options available, including the Rides Program described below.
The Rides Program offers free rides to Yarmouth, Maine residents who cannot drive, either temporarily or permanently:
- Monday – Friday from 9 am to 3 pm
- by volunteer drivers
- to local shopping areas, banks, the YMCA, etc.
- for medical appointments (from Freeport to Scarborough)
- to shop for groceries, get your hair done, etc.
- to attend movies at Merrill Library, YCS Field Trips, etc.
The details of pickup and drop off will be worked out after you contact Jean Rafford either by phone at (207) 329-7295 or e-mail: jeanrafford “at” gmail.com. Please convey your name, telephone number, and the day you might like a ride. Two days (or more) notice is required to arrange transportation.