The Transportation Options Pamphlet (published by Yarmouth Aging In Place) lists all options available, including the Rides Program described below.
The Rides Program offers free rides to Yarmouth, Maine residents who cannot drive, either temporarily or permanently:
- Monday – Friday from 9 am to 3 pm
- by volunteer drivers
- to local shopping areas, banks, the YMCA, etc.
- for medical appointments (from Freeport to Scarborough)
- to shop for groceries, get your hair done, etc.
- to attend movies at Merrill Library, YCS Field Trips, etc.
Details of pickup and drop off can be worked out after you contact Jean Rafford: (207) 329-7295. If there is no answer, please leave a message with your name, telephone number, and the day you might like a ride. Due our being an all-volunteer program, some limitations to note include:
- Five business days (or more) notice are required to arrange transportation.
- Rides may be limited to FIVE PER MONTH per individual.
- Rides to medical appointments outside of Yarmouth may be limited to ONE PER MONTH.
- Rider will be given a 48-hour notice if request can not be filled so that other arrangements can be made.
- Ride request via phonecall are accepted from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The YCAN Rides phone is not answered on weekends.
Other transportation options include:
- The Yarmouth Community Resource Specialist at (207) 835-9866 or SMAAResource@yarmouth.me.us
Connect with her to find out all resources that may be available.
- Friends in Home Care: (207) 846-5525
- Yarmouth Taxi: (207) 846-9336