Yarmouth is committed to supporting our residents to “age in place” in their own homes/community, comfortably, safely, and independently, regardless of physical ability, age, or income.
Since Spring 2015 this project has been under development to design supportive programs for seniors. Our planning process was supported by the Town of Yarmouth, YCAN (Yarmouth Cares about Neighbors), and the Cumberland County Development Block Grant Program.
The plan is complete and community volunteers are hard at work implementing what residents requested in the community wide survey completed last winter. Successful programs already underway or nearing completion include:
- Volunteer snow shovel brigade
- List of local social opportunities already available for seniors
- Informational brochure on fuel assistance, affordable housing, and food security
- STAY (Senior Tax Assistance for Yarmouth)
- Home companion/health services information for seniors and their caregivers
- Yarmouth Senior Rides
- List of reliable vendors/contractors
- Application process for home modifications
We look forward to working with you to make Yarmouth a more age friendly community.
For more information please contact AIP Coordinator, Leigh Kirchner (leighmk2050 “at” gmail.com) or at (207) 712-7244. Please check the Senior Services section of this site for AIP updates. Be watching for our first issue of Yarmouth Senior News in March (available in many locations in Yarmouth), with news of interest to you.