Project Holiday provides:
– gifts for young children
– food for holiday meals
– cold weather clothing
to families that need them during the holidays. If your family will need such items during this holiday season, please submit an Application.
Please click here to download the 2022 Project Holiday Application.
Applications should be returned to Yarmouth Community Services at 200 Main Street, behind the Town Hall, by November 9th.
The annual Yarmouth Cares campaign has begun! Please consider a donation to support all of the Yarmouth Cares About Neighbors (YCAN) programs including:
Yarmouth CAN is a 501(c)(3) private, non-profit, all-volunteer organization, so your contributions are eligible to be tax deductible under Maine and Federal law.
Please make checks payable to Yarmouth CAN, and mail them to:
P.O. Box 553
Yarmouth, ME 04096
Please include your name, address, phone number, and email address so that we may send you an acknowledgement of your gift. If you prefer that your name not be publicly acknowledged as a donor to YCAN, please include a note to that effect with your check.
Thank you, and Happy Holidays!
The Yarmouth Cares Fund allows YCAN to help meet critical community needs over the next twelve months, including:
- Fuel Assistance to Yarmouth families in need
- Home weatherization initiatives that help reduce future need for Fuel Assistance
- Yarmouth Community Food Pantry
- Senior Rides (volunteer drivers help Seniors get to local destinations)
- Operation Bundle Up (warm weather clothing)
- Project Holiday (holiday gifts for children)
- Special needs and circumstances
Last year’s contributions and fundraisers raised over $55,000 for these causes. Any amount, small or large, is much appreciated.
Please make checks out to “YCAN” or “Yarmouth CAN” and mail them to:
Yarmouth Cares About Neighbors
P.O. Box 553
Yarmouth, ME 04096
Yarmouth Cares About Neighbors is a non-profit, all volunteer, 501(c)(3) organization, so contributions are eligible for tax deductions to the extent allowed by state and federal law.
Yarmouth Cares About Neighbors is proud to help facilitate Project Holiday, which is supported by many Yarmouth residents and organizations. Project Holiday helps families who do not have the means to buy gifts for their children during the Holidays.
There are two ways you can help:
- Sponsor a family. We will send you a list showing each child’s age, gender and interests. We ask that you spend less than $100 per child. You do not have to purchase items on the interest list – they are there to provide shopping ideas. For teenagers, gift cards are often a welcome gift.
- Contribute money or gift cards to support this program. Money is always welcome, and gift cards from Hannaford’s, or Wal-Mart, etc. are very useful to help address “tough to shop for” and last minute situations ($25 is often the most useful card balance). If you have a credit card with a rewards program that offers gift cards from national retailers with local stores (such as Wal-Mart), it can be a very convenient and economical source of such cards. We welcome as much financial support, or as many gift cards, as you care to offer.
If you are interested in sponsoring a family for Project Holiday, we prefer to hear from you in October or November as all gifts must be wrapped and ready by mid-December. You may indicate your interest by e-mail to Yarmouth CAN or by calling 207-838-2261.
To donate funds or gift cards for Project Holiday, please see our Donate Money page. Funds or gift cards are needed as far in advance of mid-December as you can get them to us.